Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Does it pay to be loyal ?


Does it pay to be loyal ?

I have written for the ze Captain. One time, each time and almost all the time.
This blog exists, because someday in early 2013 I stumbled on ze Captain's blog on the internet.

NOW...
Early last year ze Captain had some issues with one tele show, and the host thereof.


Btw - I never had any issues with that host, what he does and how he does it.
For, I never watched this tele show, save once. The last one.

Some ( if I recall correctly - almost a dozen or so ) of the volunteers ( ze Captain's loyal blog followers ) raised their voices at the comments section of ToI against this tele-show host. ( Recalling data from Captain's blog, itself. )

To show their solidarity with the Captain's cause and loyalty to ze Captain and his call for action.

I also raised hand, promising to do the needful. Although knowing very well that once addicted to Captain's dollops of gyaan, wit, advice, humor, love for THE land, etc.
I hardly ever went to most of the other such web sites, including the ToI.

While raising hand, I thought, I'll also do the needful.
After all, ze Captain does NOT entrust some task often enough.

I recall, I tried to do the needful at the ToI site, a few times.
Wrote something there...
It would not come up. Required some member login id. Did not had that.
So, my work remained unfinished.

Again...
Tried to create a member id there. That did not materialize, somehow.

Later... I felt, I saw myself negatively inclined to go there yet again and write something, again. ( Even though, I had volunteered to. )

One   - With Captain's blog abounding, had no time to go to the ToI site, yet again.
Two   - I still had NO member id there.
Three - I saw NIL intention of going there and joining the commenter's list, etc.
Four  - etc., etc.

Now...
You see... repeated calls for duty were there. Were they not ze Captain ?

And... I was to / had to redeem my promise. What to do ? How to do ? were questions
confronting me. And... it was already getting a wee bit late.

Around that time, I did not want to displease ze Captain by non-compliance.
Basically... I had volunteered. Had to keep word.

Later...
I thought that I'll provide the Captain with something much better, someday soon.
Something that placates him.

So, I made a nice 'piece' for ze Captain having some icing and topping.
Three-tiered, so to say.

Now, I intended to give ze Captain something for ONLY HIS consumption.
It was for HIM ALONE to consume.

Intent, motive and motivation was ONE and ONE alone - let this satisfy ze Captain's appetite. So that this placates / satisfies him.
Possibly, he moves onto something else of more importance rather than that 'bechara kalakar' ( hapless artist ).

Thinking, hoping and wishing that like a lion he'll eat it ( you see - lions prefer eating all alone ). And... be aptly satisfied.
And, happily he forgets the rest of the matter/ any bad blood whipped up.

So... I sent ze Captain an inhouse comment... stating that I've got an edible piece for him at this smallish catamaran nee blog.

What I probably could have added, was - this is meant for ze Captain's consumption ONLY.

Now, Captain, like a lion ate it.
He, however, provided the direction to others, as well.
See... some food ( for thought ) at this catamaran... i.e. the link was shared.

[
NOW...
Implicitly, I had left the decision to share the link at his discretion, alone.

ze Captain knows this - it is ALWAYS AT HIS discretion alone.
Whether he wants to share OR bypass a link / message / food / masala, etc.

In fact - between mid-March to April, 2014; ze Captain did not deem it appropriate to publish 3-4 of my messages, per my recollection. Perhaps, he did not like them. 

And, he loved this one... ?
SO... AM NOT SURE WHAT IS HIS FILTER CRITERION ? WHY HE DECIDES THAT SOME MESSAGES/ LINKS THAT ARE TO BE FOR INTERNAL CONSUMPTION ALONE, ARE PUBLISHED. AND, A FEW MESSAGES/ LINKS THAT SHOULD BE/ MUST BE PUBLISHED, REMAIN UNPUBLISHED ?!

I do not question his judgment. He remains the best judge. Great perception, he has.

]

Now, I know that...
Had I sent the piece / content directly with the in-house message.
Then, I would have had NO control over it, thereafter.
ze Captain could have decided to put it up there permanently, you see.
That NEVER was the intent.

TO NOTE -
The piece WAS MEANT to be there till the time Captain had partaken of it.

NOW...
As soon as I knew that Captain had his take, I SUNK the piece/ remnants in the sea.
For... I had meant the 'piece' for Captain's consumption / satiation ONLY.
NOT for all and sundry. ze Captain - NOTE THIS. MARK THIS.

Some external elements got wind of the 'piece', before it was sunk, and have been complaining about the icing, ever since.

Quite a lot of people have unleashed a campaign trying to question ze Captain and my intent, motive and motivations. What ? Why ? etc.

There is none. It was purely supposed to be an internal communique between ze Captain and ze Capatin's blog follower.

From one perspective, was the reaction NOT foreseen or imagined by either of us ?  NO. NOT.

Anyway, please ask yourself !



Now, Few Points to Ponder


Let's try to postulate a few theories, line of thought, etc. as follows.


1) Now... ze Captain has some implicit faith in me. I know that.
I still have elements of loyalty towards the ze Captain. I hope the Captain understands that.

Plainly speaking...
I do not trust ze Captain fully enough. Though I know that he'll allow me no harm, no matter whatever he says or threatens. I BELIEVE that I will not go wrong on this.

It is possible that I can trust Captain with matters of life and death.
From what I have observed - he won't EVER fail his compatriots.

Putting it plainly / straight -
I do NOT know Captain enough to trust him with the remnants of my pride, dignity and honor. Especially when my chips are down and I have other pressing issues at hand.

Chips down is the most plausible reason for latency in all its format. Else, I would be very swift in (re)action. And, whether I turned out to be right or wrong would have been immaterial then. I would not care. Might have possibly or certainly reacted.

I hope ze Captain understands !

As an aside...
I read Captain's poem, in a post on Az Khan.
And, I knew immediately I am on the same page as the Captain. He'll realize one day.
Maybe, he already knows this.


2) Putting the context simplistically...

Imagine a ( INR 0.50 ) postcard bearing a message winds through the postal system and lands with the owner of a huge glitzy billboard ( having neon lights )
and lots of messages/ masala and what not ( basically- seen/ observed/ followed by a large number of people ).

Let's say - the owner of the billboard were to display the contents of the postcard.
Or, the postcard itself. Or, the visual links to the postcard content.

Then MAY the postcard author be accountable, if the contents are relished OR NOT relished by a certain set of people ?

Please be your own judge.

3) AGAIN... NOTE...

As I see it...
The problem MAY NOT AS MUCH\ SUCH BE the content itself. Rather, the CONTEXT / ASSOCIATION
of a mere postcard being attached to ze Captain's huge billboard- AS the REAL core issue.

For there are millions of postcards abounding. No one gives any importance to them or the message(s) they carry. Must look around.

And, to note... there ARE some very prominent billboards, as well.

So... the question arises - WHO's this ze Captain ? I may NOT be knowing. Others more knowing have whipped up the problem, you say ?

Was the message inappropriately interpreted ? Exaggerated ? Perhaps. Maybe.

That possibly lent some importance / credence. As if coming from Captain's side or his key aide. Also, those who did interpret could have thought that it probably had Captain's tacit consent.

NOW - is that THE core issue ? I may NOT agree much here.

Quite possibly there are unwanted externals who keep very close watch on ze Captain's blog. Did both of us miss this idea ? Maybe.

Now, statistics tell me that very few read mine. Hardly - 1 to 10, in general.

I guess...
Only our Govt. and the US Govt. has interest in my blog; and in me.
No others come here. They do not know and do not care.
No one would care reading a bland isolated blog.

I NEVER had intentions of writing/ blogging. Or, maintaining one. Will discontinue.

I have written for ze Captain.

4) I understand that ze Captain is NO BIG stalwart of my country so that whatever appears at the Captain's blog - everyone will take notice and react.
For, I never ever heard of him earlier till early 2013.
That too, via his blogging articles/ contents.

Need consider my understanding of ze Captain and who/ what he is and what he does.
That too, what this understanding was almost an year back.

5) It is said by many that those who have ruled us have siphoned off more wealth overseas than what the Colonial powers ever did.

They achieved the same within 60 years, what took the colonial powers 2-3 centuries.
NO idea about the quantum of wealth eroded.

Note -
Now all this wealth ( in all its forms and formats ) resides in the offshore tax havens, swiss banks and locations MOSTLY in the commonwealth nations.
As also, MAJORLY Western nations.

The present NDA Govt. had promised to bring it all back. But then, quite a few people in the helm of affairs of bringing this back could be disguised fronts, who might never allow this to happen. Scuttle it or overtly delay the whole process ?

So...
Do we expect this to-be-reclaimed wealth to become a security risk for our policies, going forward ?

In this context...
The abounding war mongering leaders ( if any ) are the ones that MUST need be keenly watched now. Is there any repeating rhetoric, of historical nature ?

What intent, motive and/ or motivations they had or are still harboring.
Is there any hidden design anywhere ?

Quite possibly... many leaders may be uncovered... drawn out... so to say.
From their actions and reactions.
That possibly has a historical rhetorical line ?

Q-> Whether they really mean good ?

Which path, these leaders ( either side of the fence ) are taking us to... ?

There must NEED be deep introspection within. NOW could be THE TIME.

Must revisit a few of my earlier posts this month.


6) ON... "little BO peep MODI"

Recently, I went to ze Captain's blog. He talks of "little BO peep MODI".

My understanding is... NO it ain't Modi who peeps. Modi won't do such things.

It's got to be some other guy. Is it one of the wannabe-PM ones lingering around ?

... the ones entrusted to bring the nations's wealth, back from overseas ? Not sure.

Well... let's see whether other wannabe-PM types delivers or ruins the BRICS ?
( I could be interpreting incorrectly, here. )

I understand, it won't be Modi who will spoil the BRICS. It may potentially be some other guy(s) who would rather slow down the whole process of allowing the wealth stashed abroad to repatriate back. Am I correct, ze Captain ?

Now...
As long as Modi is around, we have hope... we have a future. I give him MORE time.

I understand... he is the one who will redeem the nation's destiny. No person around
matches him.

I DO NOT see any hope with few other people at the helm.

If Modi were to go back to the Himalayas ( let's say ), then what some of these guys will do remain open to be FULLY scrutinised/ questioned/ understood.

Then...
What happens in 2019 ? Is anyone's guess.

Now...
The incumbent Govt. must understand that 2019 is NOT TOO FAR away.
FEW mistakes they make determines whether they wind back to 150-200 numbers.
Or, whether they move onto - 350+ / 400+ .

SEEMINGLY UNIMPORTANT MISTAKES WILL UNDO THEM - MY TAKE.

LIKE MESSING WITH THE WRONG SET OF PEOPLE ! NOW, ARE THEY ALREADY DOING IT ?

THEY MUST NOT think that after all the state elections are over now, they can freely
roughshod with anyone and get away. Big blunder. People are sure to be watching.

Note/ Know this... understand this... ( hope that they are NOT condemned to ) live with it !!

I hope that they do not have to face some home truths in 2019.

As an aside...
Collateral damages on the same side also boils down to - the opposite side wins or has a
winning edge / hand. Putting pretty straight.


7) Putting this one straight...

DO I get the idea that someone ate the 'piece'. Later started a smear campaign trying to smear the icing on my face ? And, hitting the cherry seed in me eyes ?
As if I am the fall guy ?

Maybe. Perhaps so.

....

I made no mistake, let alone a blunder.

What I had to state ( even with perhaps some deficient understanding sans data on the
ground ) still remains posted there on this blog.
And, if I believed that- let it be there. I cared not.

Now...
Look around. You'll get the answers.


8) Btw, WHO ALL are the hollering guys ? Pointing fingers ? finding fault, etc. ?

They could be the ones we got to be careful of.

The enemy within. As also the one without ( i.e. outside ). The unseen enemy. Period.

To add... Another point.
They could be the ones, under the guise of ... whatever ... possibly lead us to perpetual
subservience. Note this. Mark this.

Friendship/ alliance/ partnership is good as long as it does not lead us to perpetual subservience.


9) I have consciously stayed away from the Capt's blog, since June 2014. Mostly.

Trying my best to DE-ADDICT...

And, know this that if I am there I will certainly engage in the comments column,
with the ze Captain.

And, for sure - motivated... I'll raise issues that personally do me no good.
Certainly not good for my well being in all its form and formats.

Cannot help it. Cannot stop it. That's how I am. That's what I have been doing all along.
Best way has been - to stop visiting ze Captain's blog !!

That's what I have been doing. Crossed the thin/ fine line, perhaps last March.
When I ideated on - cabal, MH370, currency wars, Asian peace, etc.

And, there's no going back. I know this, understand this.

I can, at best, saunter along the circumferential path. Esp. when I am, but, alone .
Rather than going in.

Since, June, 2014 I'd decided that I'll rather be busy with my own affairs than be at Capt AV's blog.

Well, till mid-Dec, 2014 - it never seriously occurred to me that I had to be really writing this post.

Had I seen serious need earlier. This post would have been out in June, July or August, 2014.

Deeply regret the delay.


Fact of the matter is...
Wish I were free from certain issues, then, I could have devoted some of my time
appropriately and fruitfully at ze Captain's blog. Some WIN-WIN accruables.


BOTTOMLINE -

ze Captain is the best judge. He has the best perception.

...End post...


No comments:

Post a Comment